Encourage your employees to check this years withholdings on the IRS website when filing their 2018 tax returns in 2019. The new calculator is scheduled on the IRS website at: click here.
The IRS encourages everyone to use the Withholding Calculator to perform a quick “paycheck checkup.” This is even more important this year because of recent changes to the tax law for 2018.
The Calculator helps you identify your tax withholding to make sure you have the right amount of tax withheld from your paycheck at work.
There are several reasons to check your withholding:
- Checking your withholding can help protect against having too little tax withheld and facing an unexpected tax bill or penalty at tax time next year.
- At the same time, with the average refund topping $2,800, you may prefer to have less tax withheld up front and receive more in your paychecks.
If you are an employee, the Withholding Calculator helps you determine whether you need to give your employer a new Form W-4, Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate. You can use your results from the Calculator to help fill out the form and adjust your income tax withholding.
Hope you find this helpful.
Banking issues can be challenging, but don’t worry. Let’s try some bank troubleshooting to find the issue.
First, updating your Bank Feeds manually by clicking the Download Transactions button.
- At the top menu, click Banking and select Bank Feeds: Bank Feeds Center.
- Highlight the bank account, and click the Download Transactions button.
If updating the Bank Feed Center manually doesn’t work, we can disconnect/reconnect your bank from QuickBooks. This will help refresh the connection between your bank and QuickBooks.
Here’s how to disconnect your bank from QuickBooks:
- At the top menu, click Lists and select Chart of Accounts.
- Right-click on the bank you want to disconnect, and select Edit Account.
- In the Edit Account window, go to the Bank Feed Settings tab.
- Choose Deactivate All Online Services, and click the Save & Close button.
Now, let’s reactivate your Online Services to reconnect your bank with QuickBooks.
Just follow the three (3) steps above and choose Active Online Services, and click Save & Close.
Then, go back to your Bank Feeds Center to see if it downloads your transactions.
Give it a try, and let me know how this goes. I’m here to assist you further if needed.